Are you Military Ready?
TEA considers a student "military ready" when the following criteria are met:
- Enlisting in the Armed Forces or the Texas National Guard and completing the DD Form 4, and
- This form must be completed in its entirety and returned to the student's campus College and Career Readiness Specialist
The Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) is a career exploration program that includes a multiple aptitude test battery and helps predict future academic and occupational success in the military. An interest inventory and various career planning tools are designed to help students explore career opportunities. This test is administered by a representative from the military, but there is no obligation to enlist after taking the ASVAB. For more information, please visit the ASVAB website.
The ASVAB test helps students to:
- Identify, understand, and organize information about a student's skills, interests, and work-related values
- Identify suitable occupations to investigate and pursue based on student's skills, interests, and values
- Use career information resources to further explore occupations
ASVAB Testing Opportunities
- CTHS - October
- BHS - November
- SHS - December
- WHS - January
Who: Offered to all sophomores, juniors, and seniors
Cost: No cost
Minimum Required ASVAB Scores for Military Branches:
- Army - 31
- Navy - 35
- Marines - 32
- Air Force - 31
- Coast Guard - 40
*These scores are subject to change without notice.