Sophomore Action Plan
- Review your four-year plan with your counselor. Discuss your college and career plans to ensure you're taking the right courses. Take challenging courses.
- Start a calendar with important dates and deadlines.
- Sign up for PSAT/NMSQT. This test is in October. When registering, choose “YES” for Student Search Service® to hear about colleges and scholarships. Utilize Khan Academy thru the College Board to set up a personalized study plan.
- Get involved in something that sparks your interest. Clubs, organizations and sports.
- Start looking at colleges that interest you. Begin a list of admission requirements.
- Visit college campuses when they are in session to get a feel for campus life. Talk to family and college-age friends of the family about their experience and recommendations.
- Sign up to take the ASVAB testing for career exploration. Registration takes place on each campus.
- Look at financial costs for top 3-5 college choices. Use the College Savings Calculator to plan for college expenses.
- Begin scholarship searches for possible opportunities for sophomores.
- Review PSAT/NMSQT and P-ACT with counselors or College and Career Readiness Specialist to plan for advanced-level course planning.
- Review your four-year plan when planning classes for the next school year. Check your credits to make sure you are on target with graduation requirements.
- Explore summer job opportunities that incorporate your career goals.