8th Grade Action Plan
- Know who can help you at your school: your Principal, Assistant Principals, Counselors, and Nurse, and Librarian.
- Know your college and career exploration tools: XELLO - access through SSO and Texas On Course
- Explore your interests and extra-curricular activities. Are you a part of a club or a sport?
- Surround yourself with good friends that make good choices. They will be influential in your academic and social life.
- Seek advice and mentoring from your teachers. They will guide you in your decisions when choosing your future high school courses.
- Look for opportunities to volunteer. Volunteering teaches us about serving others and understanding the world around you.
- Keep a digital file or portfolio of things that you do including extra-curricular and volunteer activities, grades, accomplishments and awards, and experiences that teach you something.
- Be curious and ask lots of questions.
- Attend course selection nights and visit your future high school campus.
- Attend EMS ISD College Night!