EMS ISD Election Information for May 7, 2022, Trustee General ElectionElection ResultsThe Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD School Board Trustee General Election was held on May 7, 2022, for the purpose of electing a Trustee for Place 3, Place 4, and Place 5.
Results show Tim Daughtrey has been reelected for Place 3. A total of 3,732 votes were cast for Place 3 with 2,095 votes cast for Tim Daughtrey and 1,637 votes cast for Amanda C. White.Place 4Results show William J. Boaz has been reelected for Place 4. A total of 3,169 votes were cast for Place 4 with 3,169 votes cast for William J. Boaz, who was unopposed.Place 5Results show Steven G. Newcom has been reelected for Place 5. A total of 3,552 votes were cast for Place 5 with 2,350 votes cast for Steven G. Newcom and 1,202 votes cast for Doug Miller.A Special Meeting to Canvass the School Trustee General Election was held on May 17, 2022 at 4:30 p.m. in the Administrative Services Building, 1200 Old Decatur Road, Saginaw, Texas, 76179.For Additional Early Voting Reports and Election Day Results, visit the Tarrant County links below:Graphical Election Night Reporting Tool (ENR):Cumulative Report in PDF:Precinct Report in PDF:For more information regarding election results and archives, contact the Tarrant County Elections Department at 817-831-8683 or visit the Elections Department website: http://www.tarrantcounty.com/en/elections.htmlThe Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD 2022 Board of Trustee General Election will be held on Saturday, May 7, 2022, for the purpose of electing a Trustee for Place 3, Place 4, and Place 5. The terms for Place 3, currently held by Tim Daughtrey, Place 4, currently held by William Boaz, and Place 5, currently held by Steven G. Newcom, respectfully, expire in 2022. Trustees are elected for three-year terms. All Board members are elected at-large, representing the entire District.Filing Period January 19 - February 18Candidate packets will be available beginning January 17, at the Office of Chief Financial Officer located at EMS ISD Administration Building #6, 1200 Old Decatur Road, Fort Worth, Texas, 76179. The first day to file for a place on the ballot is January 19, 2022. The last day to file for a place on the ballot is 5 p.m., February 18, 2022.Candidate Applications Received (To be listed by Place and then by Order Received)Place 3Amanda C. WhitePlace 4William J. BoazPlace 5Steven G. NewcomDoug MillerProcedures for Candidates Filing for School Board TrusteeThe following forms must be completed and filed with the Office of Chief Financial Officer located at EMS ISD Administration Building #6, 1200 Old Decatur Road, Fort Worth, Texas, 76179, no sooner than 8:00 a.m., Wednesday, January 19, 2022, nor later than 5:00 p.m., Friday, February 18, 2022.
Candidates may file applications and forms by any option below:(Applications filed by e-mail, fax, or mail, must be notarized prior to submitting.)
- Complete Form 2-26 Application for a Place on the Ballot for a General Election for a School District. The application must be notarized.
- Complete Form CFCP - Code of Fair Campaign Practices.
- Complete Form CTA - Appointment of a Campaign Treasure by a Candidate (can be self). Please refer to the Form CTA Instruction Guide.
- Form C/OH - Candidate/Officeholder Campaign Finance Report is to be completed and filed according to the Texas Ethics Commission Uniform (Local) Filing Schedule for the 2022 Uniform Election Dates. Please refer to the Form C/OH Instruction Guide.
- Complete Form CIS - Local Government Officer Conflicts Disclosure Statement.
- Complete Form CIQ - Conflict of Interest Questionnaire.
Candidate Qualification RequirementsCurrent state law requires a candidate for trustee of an independent school district to be a qualified voter by the time required, Election Code Section 141.001.
- In person during business hours at the Office of Chief Financial Officer, located at EMS ISD Administration Building #6, 1200 Old Decatur Road, Fort Worth, Texas, 76179.
- By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By fax to 817-232-0238, Attention: Robb Welch, Elections Coordinator
- By mail to Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD, Attn: Robb Welch, Elections Coordinator, 1200 Old Decatur Road, Bldg. #6, Fort Worth, Texas, 76179.
- Texas Election Code 141.001 (eligibility requirements)
- Texas Election Code 141.031 (application requirements)
- Texas Education Code 11.061 (candidate for trustee of an independent school district to be a qualified voter by the time required)
- BBA(LEGAL) (EMS ISD Board Members Eligibility/Qualifications)
Trustee Election Notices- Notice of Drawing for Place on the Ballot
Informational LinksTexas Secretary of State Elections Division: https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/index.shtmlTexas Secretary of State's May 7, 2022, Election Law Calendar: https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/laws/advisory2021-23.shtmlTexas Ethics Commission: https://www.ethics.state.tx.us/Tarrant County Elections Center: https://www.tarrantcounty.com/en/elections.htmlHeider Garcia, Tarrant County Elections Administrator, 817-831-8686Eagle Mountain-Saginaw Independent School District: https://www.emsisd.comRobb Welch, Chief Financial Officer/Elections Coordinator, 817-847-2955Michelle Ozuna, Assistant to the Chief Financial Officer, 817-847-2955