EMS ISD Election Information
Welcome to the EMS ISD Elections Homepage!
EMS ISD's next general election is for Trustee, Places 6 and 7, on the May 6, 2023 uniform election date. Please see the information below on this election. Key dates for the May 6, 2023 election are:
- Filing for Place on the Trustee Election Ballot Opens | January 18, 2023
- Deadline for Filing for Place on the Trustee Election Ballot | 5 p.m. February 17, 2023
- Deadline to Register to Vote | April 6, 2023
- Early Voting | April 24-May 2, 2023 Early Voting Schedule and Locations (Link to Tarrant County Elections Website)
- Election Day | May 6, 2023 Election Day Voting Schedule and Locations (Link to Tarrant County Elections Website)
ELECTION RESULTS for May 6, 2023 Joint, General, and Special Elections: For Early Voting Reports and Election Day Results, visit the Tarrant County links below:
Graphical Election Night Reporting Tool (ENR): https://results.enr.clarityelections.com/TX/Tarrant/117560/web.307039/#/summary
Cumulative Report in PDF: https://www.tarrantcounty.com/content/dam/main/elections/2023/0523/reports/cumulative.pdf
Precinct Report in PDF: https://www.tarrantcounty.com/content/dam/main/elections/2023/0523/reports/precinct.pdf
For more information regarding election results and archives, contact the Tarrant County Elections Department at 817-831-8683 or visit the Elections Department website: http://www.tarrantcountytx.com/en/elections.html
2023 Trustee Election
The next School Board Election is scheduled for May 6, 2023, for Places 6 and 7.
About the Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees consists of seven members elected to serve, without compensation, for overlapping three-year terms. Elections are held annually on the first Saturday in May. While candidates run for specific places, they do not represent specific geographical areas. Rather, each represents EMS ISD at large. The board annually elects a president, vice president and a secretary at the organizational meeting for the election of officers.
To be elected to the EMS ISD Board of Trustees, a candidate must receive a plurality of votes, meaning more votes than any other candidate, except as otherwise provided by law.
Filing Information/DeadlineCandidate packets may be obtained from the EMS ISD Office of Chief Financial Officer located at EMS ISD Administration Building, 1600 Mustang Rock Road, Fort Worth, TX, 76179. Packets are available for pickup beginning in January of scheduled election years (January 2023 for the May 2023 School Board Election).Completed forms are filed with the Office of Chief Financial Officer.
Candidate Applications Received (To be listed by Place and then by Order of Applications Received)Place 6Ron FranklinTrent HillPlace 7Blake MabryMisty KieschnickProcedures for Candidates Filing for School Board TrusteeThe following forms must be completed and filed with the Office of Chief Financial Officer located at EMS ISD Administration Building, 1600 Mustang Rock Road, Fort Worth, Texas, 76179, no sooner than 8:00 a.m., Wednesday, January 18, 2023, nor later than 5:00 p.m., Friday, February 17, 2023.
Candidates may file applications and forms by any option below:(Applications filed by e-mail, fax, or mail, must be notarized prior to submitting.)
- Complete Form 2-26 Application for a Place on the Ballot for a General Election for a School District. The application must be notarized.
- Complete Form CFCP - Code of Fair Campaign Practices.
- Complete Form CTA - Appointment of a Campaign Treasure by a Candidate (can be self). Please refer to the Form CTA Instruction Guide.
- Form C/OH - Candidate/Officeholder Campaign Finance Report is to be completed and filed according to the Texas Ethics Commission Uniform (Local) Filing Schedule for the 2023 Uniform Election Dates. Please refer to the Form C/OH Instruction Guide.
- Complete Form CIS - Local Government Officer Conflicts Disclosure Statement.
- Complete Form CIQ - Conflict of Interest Questionnaire.
Candidate Qualification RequirementsCurrent state law requires a candidate for trustee of an independent school district to be a qualified voter by the time required, Election Code Section 141.001.
- In person during business hours at the Office of Chief Financial Officer, located at EMS ISD Administration Building, 1600 Mustang Rock Road, Fort Worth, Texas, 76179.
- By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By fax to 817-232-0238, Attention: Robb Welch, Elections Coordinator
- By mail to Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD, Attn: Robb Welch, Elections Coordinator, 1600 Mustang Rock Road, Fort Worth, Texas, 76179.
- Texas Election Code 141.001 (eligibility requirements)
- Texas Election Code 141.031 (application requirements)
- Texas Education Code 11.061 (candidate for trustee of an independent school district to be a qualified voter by the time required)
- BBA(LEGAL) (EMS ISD Board Members Eligibility/Qualifications)
Trustee Election NoticesInformational LinksTexas Secretary of State Elections Division: https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/index.shtmlTexas Secretary of State's May 6, 2023, Election Law Calendar: https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/laws/advisory2022-37.shtmlTexas Ethics Commission: https://www.ethics.state.tx.us/Tarrant County Elections Center: https://www.tarrantcounty.com/en/elections.htmlHeider Garcia, Tarrant County Elections Administrator, 817-831-8686Eagle Mountain-Saginaw Independent School District: https://www.emsisd.comRobb Welch, Chief Financial Officer/Elections Coordinator, 817-232-0880