Eagle Mountain High School
The district’s fourth comprehensive high school has been named Eagle Mountain High School, and the District will begin the planning and design process in 2019.
Projected Opening: August 2024
Colors: Black & Old Gold
October 24, 2022 Update
- Work continues on the main academic building and fine arts area.
- Drilling of GEO wells continues. Work continues on ICF walls and slab pours.
- Stadium work is progressing on the home, visitor, and field house.
- Slab pours for the parking area around the field house is ongoing.
September 19, 2022 Update
- Work continues on the main building.
- Geo well drilling continues on the north side of the property. The first load of steel has arrived on site.
- Pier work continues on visitor’s side of the stadium. Finish grade work continues on home side.
- CMU block and ICF work progresses in the choir, band hall, and food labs. Slab pour finish work is in progress in the gymnastics area.
August 22, 2022 Update
Work continues on grade beams and slab prep in all areas of the main building. The slab is poured in a portion of fine arts. Laying of CMU blocks has begun.
May 2022 Update
Building pad for the cafeteria, fine arts, and gymnasiums is complete. Pier construction is ongoing.
April 2022 Update
Excavation work has begun in all areas of the site. Building pad preparation and moisture conditioning have started in the gymnasium area.
March 2021 Update
- VLK Architects presented to the board at the March 29 meeting. There are 10 steps that need to be completed before construction can begin. Below is a list with approximate date of completion:
- Drainage study – March 8
- Water and sanitary sewer study – March 29
- Preliminary plat – April 28
- Traffic circulation study – June 28
- Public improvement plans – June 29
- Community facilities agreement – July 23
- Construction of public improvements - August 27
- Final plat – August 30
- Addressing GIS – September 6
- Building permit – September 7
February 2021 Update
- Design and site development continues. VLK will present the prototype next month.
December 2020 Update
- Design and site development continues.
November 2020 Update
- Design and site development continues. Started design development with the architect team and departmental areas for input and reaffirming of needs.
October 2020 Update
- The design and site development continues.
- Design development started with the artchitect team and departamental areas for input and reafirrming of needs.
August/September 2020 Update
- Design and site development continues. Talks are in progress with developer regarding a middle school site.
July 2020 Update
- Design and site development continues
May 2020 Update
- Continue to have meetings with VLK and Civil Engineers. Preliminary Development Review Committee with City of Fort Worth for site and city concerns, recommendations, and requirements.
April 2020 Update
- Continue to have meetings with VLK. A virtual meeting was conducted with current high school and middle school students to gather information on things they liked in their schools, how they preferred to learn, and what would help them learn better in the future.