District New Construction Progress
In a presentation to the Board of Education on May 18, 2020, Chief Operations Officer Clete Welch shared updates about the following projects:
Copper Creek Elementary
- Main lobby finishes are bein applied, including adding ceiling clouds
- Masonry walls withing the tornado scructure have been added, as well as duct work and lighting
- Masonry progressing on the gym
- Sidewalks are progressing between the academic wings
- The playground system has been installed
Boswell High School
- The ag-science building concrete masonry blocks are progressing
- New mechanical building is progressing
- Grading and soils preparation is progressing at Highland, Creekview and Ed Willkie MS
- Sites are mobilized at Chisholm Trail HS and Prairie Vista MS
- Moisture conditioning continues at Saginaw HS
- Saginaw HS and Chisholm Trail HS are complete, the punch list is being finalized
- Boswell High School's structural spray is complete, stripping is in progress
- Saginaw HS hallways are complete
- New classroom carpet and hallway carpet is installed at Prairie Vista MS
- Comache Springs ES carpet installation complete
Progress Update of Other Projects
- Maintenance Addition and Multiple Security Projects - Procurement method is being recommended as an action item. Design development complete. Construction documents to be completed late May. As a reminder, this is a consolidation and streamlining of warehouse services.
- Network Operations Center - Design and ordering of materials in progress. Records storage has been reloacted. Completion date August 2020.
- Tennis Court Resurfacing and Wind Slats - Saginaw HS, Prairie Vista MS, and Ed Willkie MS waiting on materials.
- Central Office - Continue design meetings. Projected construction will begin in fall 2020.
- Eagle Mountain HS - Continue to have meetings with VLK and Civil Engineers. Preliminary Developement Review Committee with the City of Fort Worth for site and city concerns, recommendations, and requirements.