District New Construction and Renovations Progress
In a presentation to the Board of Education on November 18, 2019, Chief Operations Officer Clete Welch shared updates about the following projects:
- Copper Creek Elementary School photos and information about the progress at the site.
- Creekview MS, Highland MS, and Gililland ES – Completing punch list items.
- Boswell HS Athletics – The project manual and drawings have been submitted to VLK for owner review. The bid opening will be next month. Site visits with athletics to visit surrounding indoor facilities has occurred. The plan is for construction for the new Kenneth K. Reed Agriculture Building to begin in January.
- Multiple Security Projects – Action needs to be taken on the procurement method. Notice to proceed in January 2020.
- Turf Projects – The auxiliary fields at Chisholm Trail HS, Saginaw HS, Prairie Vista MS, Highland MS, Creekview MS, and Ed Willkie MS. The Wayside MS field location is being evaluated. Turf projects will start construction phasing in January 2020.
- Tennis Court Resurfacing – Saginaw HS, Prairie Vista MS, and Ed Willkie MS.
- Tennis Wind Slats – Saginaw HS, Prairie Vista MS, Ed Willkie MS, and Chisholm Trail HS.
- Track Resurfacing – Chisholm Trail HS, Boswell HS, and Creekview MS.
- Carpet and VCT Replacement – Specifications are being developed for carpet and VCT replacement at Saginaw HS, Prairie Vista MS, Comanche Springs ES, Chisholm Ridge ES, and Greenfield ES.
- Lake Country ES – Continue to evaluate site development. Projected start in Spring 2020.
- Central Office – Continue design meetings. Projected construction will begin in October 2020.
- Eagle Mountain HS – An architect of record will be named in December. Projected construction in Spring of 2021.