District New Construction and Renovations Progress
In a presentation to the Board of Education on October 28, 2019, Chief Operations Officer Clete Welch shared the following update with the Board:
- Copper Creek Elementary School photos and information about the progress at the site.
- Boswell High School turf projects nearly complete at the baseball and softball fields.
- A new shade structure has been added at Watson High School.
- Tennis Shade Structures at Saginaw HS and Boswell HS – District has met the on-site vendor for timeline of install.
- Central Office – Continue design meetings.
- Marine Creek MS – Completing punch list items.
- Boswell HS Athletics – The District received six qualified responses to Step 1 of the two-step RFQ process per the Construction Manager At-Risk procurement method. From the six responses, a review panel consisting of four District employees and two representatives from VLK identified four general contractors to proceed to Step 2, Contractor Interviews.
- Creekview MS, Highland MS, and Gililland ES – Completing punch list items.
- Bryson ES, Eagle Mountain ES, Elkins ES, and Boswell HS Band Marching Field- Completing punch list.
- Lake Country ES - Presentation of exterior and interior finishes of new campus.