The November 2017 bond was driven by the District’s strategic plan, Aspire 2022, which is meant to guide the District through the year 2022.
Approved by the Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD Board of Education in April 2012, Aspire 2022 defines the District’s beliefs, mission, strategic parameters, objectives and strategies. Aspire 2022 served as a guide to the Bond Steering Committee in studying the needs of the District. Each project was explored through the lens of the strategic plan and ultimately assisted the committee in making its unanimous recommendation to the Board of Education.
The mission of Eagle Mountain-Saginaw Independent School District is to foster a culture of excellence that instills a passion for a lifetime of continuous achievement in every student.
- Every student is a unique individual with unique potential.
- Effective communication is key to success.
- Engaged and interested students learn more effectively.
- Respect is a key to success.
- Education is a team effort.
- High quality educational facilities optimize student and staff success.
- Accountability is essential to success.
- A physically and emotionally safe environment promotes student learning.
- A high-quality education is barrier free.
- Each student will have a dynamic-customized education plan from registration to graduation which contains post-secondary goals and inspires individual success.
- Each student will be equipped with innovative technological skills to compete and contribute in a constantly-evolving global society.
- Each student will be challenged to fulfill the District’s high expectations and leave the District prepared and qualified to succeed in their chosen path(s).
We will design and implement a system in which personal education plans are created that promote high expectations and meet the academic, social, emotional, and extra-curricular needs of each student.
We will create an interconnected community where technology is integrated into the fabric of all we do. The District will provide the resources, training, and skill development to drive our students’ future success.
We will provide each teacher with the resources and opportunities to collaboratively plan the innovative implementation and delivery of the instructional program.
We will create a culture that promotes each student's inner drive, providing the opportunity to reach full potential.
We will systematically evaluate and assess learning, processes, and programs against internal and external benchmark standards to hold staff and students accountable for our culture of excellence.
We will employ and retain high-performing, dynamic educators with character and conviction to improve themselves and their students through effective strategies by innovative, targeted continuing education, freedom and flexibility to teach beyond established assessments, all with District support.