Lake Country Elementary School
Projected Opening: August 2021
Colors: Gold and Black
July 2021 Update:
- Landscaping continues to progress, as does the rock and brick clean-up.
- Furniture is on site, being delivered, and assembled as needed.
- Gym floor has been installed along with the technology network.
- Playground area has been completed and is ready for school to begin.
June 2021 Update:
- Kitchen is ready for final cleaning
- Office area is 95% complete
- Upstairs classrooms ceiling grid have been installed
- Final above ceiling inspection needed before panels can be dropped in place
- The main corridor is complete except for flooring and sound panels
- Gym basketball goals are being installed
- Second grade hallway is being prepped for VCT
- 80% of the classrooms have carpet installed
- Rain caused delay in poring sidewalks which must be completed before playground installation can begin
April 2021 Update:
- Roofing and rock work continue to progress throughout the exterior of the building.
- Interior framing in the main hallway has been completed.
- Tile on the stage is complete and installation will begin this week in the main foyer.
- Drop-down ceiling in the library has been completed.
- Framing and HVAC continue on the second level.
- Millwork in the music/art room has been installed. CMU block in the gym is completed. A primer paint has been applied and waiting for final coat of paint.
- Metal roof panels have arrived on site waiting for installation. Spring Street entrance has been poured connecting with the bus loop.
March 2021 Update:
- Irrigation installation for the detention pond is in progress.
- The driveway entrance is being prepped.
- The parent drop-off on the north side of the building has been poured and tied in to the main entrance.
- Stone and brick are being installed in the front of the building.
- Wall tile has been installed in the gym/cafeteria hallway.
- Wall tile, ceiling grid, and quarry tile have been completed in the kitchen area.
- The gym floor and rough-in plumbing have been completed.
- Cabinetry in the library hase been installed along with delivery of the wooden doors.
February 2021 Update:
- Front entrance main roof structure has been installed. Tornado shelter panels and roof are being installed.
- Main front drive with sidewalk that connects the north and south ends of the property has been poured.
- Parent pick-up loop forms and rebar are being set for concrete pour. Detention concrete work is complete.
- Kitchen hood is 90% complete.
- Geo well trucks working on setting pipe loops.
- Cafeteria ceiling tile grids have been installed waiting for drop-in tiles.
- Freezer and cooler have been installed in the kitchen.
- First floor academic wing door frames, metal studs, and rough-in electrical are in progress.
- First and second grade installation of hallway columns are in progress.
- Shelving, lighting, and very large fan is being installed.
- Photos of the new warehouse office located by the dock to receive district supplies.
December 2020 Update:
- Lift is being used to lift the joist to be installed in the cafeteria.
- East drive is being poured.
- Pump truck being utilized to assist in concrete pour on eastern edge of the property.
- Form boards have been staked in place and rebar is tied together for concrete pour.
- Retaining wall for detention pond is in the process of being formed up for concrete.
- Retaining wall is 90 percent complete.
- Decking has been installed above the joist in the cafeteria.
- Elevator walls are 90 percent complete.
- IFC walls are being installed in kindergarten and first grade hallway.
- CMU blocks are being installed in the kitchen area.
- Welder is installing beams between the cafeteria and gym.
- CMU block is being installed in the freezer area of the kitchen.
November 2020 Update:
- Construction continues on the campus. A concrete retaining wall to support the detention pond has been installed.
- Oncor is in the process of install ing permanent power.
- Site prep is in progres for the kitchen approach and drive.
- the academic and library slabs have been poured.
- The IFC is prepped for a concrete pour.
- the CMU block is being installed in the computer lab and hallway restroom.
- Modular block installation is occuring in the back side of the property.
October 2020 Update:
- Box cartons will be used to support slab during the pour
- Cardboard sheathing will also be used to enhance stability of the surface during the process.
- Iron Busters team have tyed rebar together to prep for pour.
- Kitchen vertical ICF (issued for construction) was prepped for concrete pour.
- CMU (concrete masonry unit) block was laid between the art room and hallway.
- Concrete finishers completed work 10 hours after first truck of concrete.
- Dirt grading took place on Lake Country Drive and lime stabilization was in progress.
- Work is in progress on concrete and modular block retaining walls.
- The headend of a box culvert is finished.
September 2020 Update:
- Construction crews have installed a stormwater pipe and a grease trap.
- The beams are curing.
- The kitchen rough-in plumbing and fine grading are underway.
- Soil has been removed for the retaining wall and crews are drilling geo wells.
August 2020 Update:
- Working on the final cut on the southeas corner of the property.
- Three building pier machines are on site.
July 2020 Update:
- New southern entrance and tree protection being isntalled.
- Gradework has begin and run-off fencing has been installed.
June 2020 Update:
- Site visit to pin the building corners down. Reviewing final finishes
July 2021 Construction Photos
June 2021 Construction Photos
April 2021 Construction Photos
March 2021 Construction Photos
February 2021 Construction Photos
November 2020 Construction Photos
October 2020 Construction Photos
September 2020 Construction Photos
August/July 2020 Construction Photos
June 2020 Construction Photos