Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD’s enrollment in 2016-2017 was more than 19,000 students. The District expects an increase of approximately 3,300 new students in the next five years, and an increase of nearly 7,000 new students in the next 10 years. At build out (with land currently available), it’s estimated that the student enrollment in Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD could climb to 40,000 students.
- 2017-2018: 19,500 students
- 2021-2022: 22,950 projected students
- 2026-2027: 26,565 projected students
- 40,000 students at district build out
Based on 1st quarter 2017 projections. Build out projections are based on lots currently available in EMS ISD.
Demographic reports indicate that EMS ISD has a high number of home sales each year, consistently ranking EMS among the top 10 school districts in the Dallas/Fort Worth area for real estate closings. Continued new home sales brings potential for new students to enroll in Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD.
- 820 annual home closings
- 1,658 current vacant developed lots
- 20,652 future home closing projections
To view quarterly demographic reports that show economic and housing analysis for EMS ISD, click here.
To accommodate the growth, the 2017 bond package includes funds to:
- purchase land for future school sites,
- build High School #4 (the District already owns the land)
- allocate toward the construction of a natatorium in partnership with the YMCA