In a presentation to the Board of Education on January 19, 2021, Chief Operations Officer Clete Welch provided an update to the Board.
Boswell High School
- Area C slab is completed. Area C consists of the training room, freshman football lockers, coaches’ offices, and dressing areas.
- Turf room grade beams construction is near completion. The grade beams support the steel for the pre-engineered metal building.
- Installation of the plumbing and showers in the varsity locker room is progressing.
- New CMU corridor wall between the gymnastics gym and varsity locker rooms is under construction.
- Overview of the construction site from the visitor’s stands.
Lake Country Elementary School
- Aerial view of the south side of the campus. Weather coating complete on the cafeteria. Storm shelter work will begin in February.
- Aerial view of the east side of the campus showing the main entrance and parking lot. Roof decking is being installed in the kitchen and library. The roof has been completed over the cafeteria. Classroom ICF is under construction. Main hallway joist is nearing completion.
- The block retaining wall has been completed as well as the main entrance off of Lake Country Drive.
- Southern view of the new warehouse addition shows completed exterior siding and roof. The addition utilized the same materials and colors as the existing building. Existing building has 10 years of weather aging.
- East side of warehouse addition facing Business 287 could accommodate five more bays for future expansion.
- Insulation and lighting are complete in the warehouse expansion.
Progress Update of Other Projects
- Security Upgrades at Multiple Campuses and Jim Knight Maintenance Facility Additions and Renovations – Hardware was delivered, and installation began over the break. New doors were installed and prep for access controls has begun.
- Central Office –Contract was awarded in January. Site development to begin in January.
- Eagle Mountain HS – Design and site development continues.
- Wayside MS – Finalizing site development.